So far, the bot framework is on the good way... I tried as much as possible to have an easy public interface so that it should be easy for anyone to develop with the framework. The base is maturing and shouldn't change much in the future.
I've developed some basic functionalities: an administration interface, a help system, a greeting (a bot has to be polite) and a simple infobot that can memorise definitions.
At the moment, the IRC protocol is handled by the existing IRC client in Squeak. Unfortunately it relies on Morphic ( in short; the gui ). I've abstracted it so that the bot isnow completely indenpendant of it. It is planned to develop a clean IRC library which wont rely on any gui.
So what next ?
- Continue the real world tests (yesterday was the first attempt on freenode :),
- Polish the admin and help,
- Add logging functionalities
- Develop a web interface (with Aida or Seaside)
- Develop a clean IRC library
- Write docs
(if you see squeakbot on freenode, introduce yourself to him :)